Monday, September 13, 2010

Night ride 3

9/11/2010


So my other brother wanted to go out herping tonight so we took the car. We went driving down Bush Hwy again but nothing was out. We stopped where we had seen the Desert Hairy Scorpion before and looked around seeing a smaller Sun Spider and this little bird (pictured above). We got really close and my brother touched its tail feathers and then a little after it flew up into the tree above. After driving for a while we stopped to hike out where we had been quail hunting before. We walked for a while and didn't see anything but the very common kangaroo rat. But then finally I came across this little guy. So I yelled to my brother that I had found a baby king snake. So he rushes over but on his way over I picked it up and realized it was a Long-nosed snake. We handled him for just a bit and then let him go on his way. That was a very nice find. Only my second live Long-nosed snake I've ever seen. We headed back to the car after a little more hiking and then back home without anything else unusual. But the snake definitely made the trip. 


No comments:

Post a Comment